Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult and Pediatric Spine Surgery
Dr. Le grew up in Orange County, California. As a young boy, he was involved in sports and decided early on that he wanted to become an orthopaedic surgeon to combine his love for both sports and the sciences.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in Physiological Science at UCLA, he travelled to the Ohio State University to obtain his Doctor of Medicine degree. At Ohio State, Dr. Le excelled in academics and was voted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honors society and graduated with Cum Laude honors, while also managing to meet his future wife.
After medical school, Dr. Le returned to California to complete his orthopaedic residency at UC Irvine Medical Center. During residency, Dr. Le discovered his passion for spinal surgery and published numerous book chapters and evidence-based articles in the field of spinal surgery.
Dr. Le then travelled to Miami, Florida to complete his training in spinal surgery at one of the most prestigious training centers for spine, at the Jackson Memorial and University of Miami Hospitals. There, he trained with both renowned spine and neurosurgery faculty, most notably with Dr. Frank Eismont. The scope of his training included degenerative, traumatic, infectious, deformity, and tumor disorders of the spine, as well as minimally invasive spinal surgery. In addition, Dr. Le was able to obtain additional training in pediatric spinal surgery by working with Dr. Harry Shufflebarger, a leader in the field of pediatric scoliosis.
Dr. Le prides himself in treating every patient like family. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter and playing sports, such as tennis and basketball.
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospitals—Adult Spine Surgery Miami, FL
Miami Children’s Hospital—Pediatric Spine Surgery Miami, FL
University of California, Irvine Medical Center—Orthopaedics Surgery Orange, CA
The Ohio State University College of Medicine—Doctor in Medicine Columbus, OH
University of California, Los Angeles—Bachelor of Science in Physiological Science Los Angeles, CA
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Lee J, Le VH, Steinhoff AK, Hoang BH. “Vascular tumor in metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty requiring hemipelvectomy.” Orthopaedics. 2013;36:e974-977.
- Bederman S, Le VH, Pahlavan S, Kiester D, Bhatia N, Deviren V. Approach to revision spine surgery using lateral access approach.The Scientific World Journal.Vol 2012. Article ID 308209.
- Le VH, Bhatia N. “Minimally invasive cervical spine surgery.” ICL 61
- Le VH, Bhatia N. “Spine trauma: Low lumbar spine (L3-5).” Springer. Spine Surgery Basics (Patel/Patel/Harrop/Burger).
- Le VH, Bederman S. “Surgical management of low back pain and degenerative spinal disorders.” Intech. Low Back Pain
- Le, VH, Bederman S. “Surgical management of cervical spine injuries.” Academy Publish. Spinal Cord and Nerve Injury
- Le VH, Bhatia N, Bederman S. “Complications of instrumentation in cervical spondyloarthropathy.” Editors Vaccaro/Kim/Radcliff. Complications of Spinal Instrumentation.
- Le VH, Lebwohl N. “History of spondylolisthesis: Early diagnosis and management.” Springer. Editors Wollowick/Sarwahi. Spondylolisthesis: Diagnosis, Non-Surgical Management, and Surgical Techniques.
- Le VH; Jain N; Heckmann N; Wang L; Bederman S; Turner A; Lee TQ. “Biomechanical evaluation of supplemental percutaneous lumbo-sacroiliac screws following total sacrectomy.” AAOS, New Orleans, March ‘14
- Le VH; Aminian A; Heckmann N; Wang L; Bhatia N; Lee TQ. “Biomechanical evaluation of sublaminar polyester bands versus pedicle screws posterior spinal fixation in an adolescent idiopathic scoliosis model.” AAOS, Chicago, March ‘13
- Le VH; Aminian A; Heckmann N; Wang L; Bhatia N; Lee TQ. “Biomechanical evaluation of single versus dual rod posterior spinal fixation in an adolescent idiopathic scoliosis model.” OREF, Orange, CA, June ‘12
- Le VH, Gottlieb J, Ruiz A, Eismont F. “Anatomical consideration of the iliolumbar veins during lateral lumbar interbody fusion.” (In progress)
- Pahlavan S, Le VH, Gottlieb J. “Anatomical consideration of the segmental vessels during lateral lumbar interbody fusion.” (In progress)
- Danko, M., Le, VH., Todd, C., Waylonis, G. “Use of Vibration-Assisted Exercise in Fibromyalgia Patients.” Amer J of Phys Med & Rehab. Mar 2006; Vol 83; Number 3: 251.
- National Conference-AAP 2006 Annual Meeting, Daytona Beach, Fl, March ‘06
- “Use of Vibration-Assisted Exercise in Fibromyalgia Patients”
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Spinal Stenosis
- Disc Herniation
- Spinal Deformity
- Adult and Pediatric Scoliosis
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)