There are some orthopedic conditions that are not effectively treated with non-surgical methods. Usually, this applies to conditions with severe pain that aren’t helped with icing, bracing, medications, physical therapy, and other types of orthopedic care. In these situations, surgery might be the best choice.
Our doctors are trained in state-of-the-art minimally-invasive approaches that require less recovery time. Sometimes, traditional surgery is necessary. Regardless of the type of surgery you need, the doctors at Orange County Orthopedic Group will work with you to decide on the best approach for your situation.
Some of the surgeries performed at our center include:
- Arthroscopy – This is performed to examine the internal structure of a joint and aids with diagnosis and treatment. Small instruments and incisions are used.
- Bone graft substitution – This procedure is most often performed in knees, hips, arms, and legs. It involves shaping the bone graft into a shape that fits into the area and then securing it with pins, screws, or plates.
- Damaged cartilage repair or removal – This can involve one of several different methods, including the use of the patient’s own cells to grow new and healthy cartilage.
- Ripped tendon repair – This involves the surgical securing of torn ends of a tendon.
- Spine surgery – Spine surgery can involve one of many types of procedures, which are minimally-invasive whenever possible, including spinal fusion, percutaneous instrumentation, laminectomy, and microdiscectomy.